So you’ve got a telephone interview. Hurrah!
Now what do you do?
- Interviews are a two-way discussion
- Arrange a time that is convenient for you
- Have a professional message on the telephone number you have given the company
- Prepare thoroughly
- Review your CV and have it in front of you
- Prepare questions
- Have a notebook and pen ready
- Research the interviewer
- Behave like it’s a face-to-face interview
- Give vocal clues
- Take your time
Now, here’s what to avoid:
- Using the loudspeaker
Good luck if you have any telephone interviews coming up.
Remember you can always have a personal consultation with me to help you prepare.
Call me, we’ll talk about what you need and I’ll give you a guaranteed price. Contact me at The Career Ace